Dalur is located on the east-side of Sandoy. The village lies in the bottom of a relatively large valley. Dalur means valley in Faroese. A little road leads from Dalur to the south-tip of the island. From there it is possible to walk to the bird cliffs Skorin. The church in Dalur was built in 1957 and this is the only church that has ever been here.